Join us for the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center’s 2019 Annual Walk for Change!
Date: Sunday, April 28, 2019
Time: Registration begins at 8:30 am; walk kick-off begins at 9:30 am; walk begins at 10am (Schedule of Events included below)
Location: The Walk for Change takes place at DCR’s Constitution Beach in East Boston. The main address for the event and park is 799 Bennington Street, East Boston, MA 02128. It’s just a two-minute walk from the Orient Heights Blue Line T stop.
Route: 2.8 mile loop along the East Boston Greenway
Post-Event Celebration: Food, music, fun and games until 2 p.m.
Adult: $30 each
Youth (under 12): $10 each
Dogs: free (on a leash, please)
Registration is $30 per person, but VPR will pay the registration fees of any MIT community members who wish to join the MIT Sexual Assault Awareness Month team! Just contact Melanie at email@example.com with your interest.
Otherwise, let us know if you would just like to show your support by walking with us and wearing a Sexual Assault Awareness Month shirt.
BARCC Walk for Change 2019 Schedule of Events
- 8:30 a.m. Registration opens and festivities begin
- Fun and entertaining activities! Music, face painting, sign making, bubbles, temporary tattoos, team photos, button making, dog goodies, and more!
- Clothesline Project display (content note: this display features personal stories of sexual violence)
- Messages to Survivors display
- Complimentary granola bars, fruit, coffee, and water will be available while supplies last.
9:30 a.m. Walk kick-off rally begins
10:00 a.m. Walk begins
2.8-mile loop along the East Boston Greenway
- 11:00 a.m. Post-Walk celebration
- Lawn games, continued activities, team photos, and more!
- Fun and interactive activities for kids
2:00 p.m. Celebration concludes